Monday, May 6, 2013

Sorry Lauryn Hill, Even People Who Drop Out of Society Have to Pay Taxes

Lauryn Hill was just sentenced to 3 months in prison, and an additional 3 months home confinement for  not payin' the tax man on about 1 million dollars in earnings. That must be from way back, because we're under the impression that the only thing Lauryn is earning lately is a free hot dog after every 12 at Papaya Joe's. Hill gave a statement tot the judge explaining she had always meant to pay her taxes but just couldn't once she had dropped out of the music biz. Like I've always meant to volunteer at the homeless shelter, right. It ain't gonna happen. Hill says "I needed to be able to earn so I could pay my taxes, without compromising the health and welfare of my children, and I was being denied that." Hill has 6 children, 5 of which are with Rohan Marley, son of Bob Marley. Hopefully Hill will get her act together and rejoin society. I can tell you one thing though, I would not want to be her cell mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment