Monday, June 24, 2013

Just Joyce

Sorry I've been gone for so long, I had to do a bid upstate. But don't worry, everything's fine, I'm just not allowed to hang out with my friends anymore for 2 years, or goddamn Big Brother will put me away again. Anyways, enough about me. I was gonna hang up my journalist career, and get my degree to be an exterminator, but I feel like I gotta say something in defense of poor old Paula Deen. Now, I don't even like Paula Deen, I have no tolerance for people who give themselves diabetes, but I feel like the backlash she is facing now because she said n***** is completely ridiculous. First off, she never should have admitted it, and second off, she's a 66-year-old white woman from the South. Does a bear shit in my house every October for some reason? Of course she's said n*****! Don't mean she's a racist for cryin' out loud, and she shouldn't be dropped by all these companies where she makes her living, unless of course she said it while wearing a white hood next to a burning cross, now that's another story. Now, I don't have all the facts on the case here, because I don't care to, but from what I gather this is all stemming from a lawsuit brought against her brother Bubba and his restaurant, it's not like she said n***** on the air or in her cookbooks, or at a job interview like I did once by accident, just slipped out. You know what Paula shoud do, she should sue for elder discrimination, even better Southern White Woman elder discrimination. Hell, didn't that Dog the Bunny Hunter get in trouble for all that a few years back, and his ugly mug is still showin' up all over town. Stay strong Paula, we all say things we don't always mean, or remember, or just kind of slip out at bad times. You're not running for public office, or an award winning actress, you make whoopie pies, so who cares, let's just move on and forget about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment