Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I Wonder What Paula Deen Would Say...

 
On the heels of Kim Kardashian pooping out his spawn, Kanye West had a humble little interview with W Magazine where he totally doesn't sound like a self-important douche with a Jesus complex.  Via UsWeekly:
 
 
"So you know Kanye West's new song "I Am a God"? The one with that "Hurry up with my damn croissants" line? Well, it turns out a nasty interaction with a designer inspired him to write it.
Yeezus revealed to W magazine that he wrote the humble little ditty after an "unnamed designer" invited him to his show -- on the condition that West not attend any other shows that season.

Cause it's like, Yo! Nobody can tell me where I can and can't go," West lamented in the interview with W. "Man, I'm the number-one living and breathing rock star. I am Axl Rose; I am Jim Morrison; I am Jimi Hendrix. You can't say that you love music and then say that Kanye West can't come to your show."
And now the question is: Who was the offending designer? While we've little to go on, we're assuming it was someone who showed during Paris fashion week (West also mentions a French restaurant in "I Am a God"), and we can also assume that the rapper probably didn't end up attending the show. Our bets are on Hedi Slimane (doesn't it just seem like it'd be him?)."


JIMI HENDRIX: Genius musician, arguably best guitar player ever.  Died at 27.
JIM MORRISON: Artistic genius, songwriter and poet.  Died at 27.

AXL ROSE: Bloated ginger freak whose career died about 20 years ago.  Yeah, I totally see the similarities. 

Soooo...yeah, 2/3 of his comparisons are neither living nor breathing, and one's soul died a long time ago.  We will give you Axl Rose.  And Jimmy Buffet.  That's you.  You are this generations Jimmy Buffet.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment