Saturday, August 1, 2015

R.I.P. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Rowdy Roddy Piper 
Sad news from the wrestling world today, Hall of Famer "Rowdy" Roddy Piper has died at the age of 61.  He leaves behind his wife Kitty and their four children.  
Roddy was diagnosed with Hodgkins lymphoma about a decade ago, but had been in remission.  

I gotta say, this guy was the real deal...he seemed like one of those genuinely awesome, down to earth dudes-check out what he said in response to the Hulk Hogan racial slur debacle just last month on The Rich Eisen Show: 

"With Hulkster, I don't agree with all his choices, but I don't hear people saying all the great things he's done," Piper told Eisen on July 24. Of Hogan's critics, he added: "I think everybody needs to get a life." 

Class act until the end.  Rest in Peace, man-you will be missed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment