Monday, October 21, 2013

There Was an Actual Funeral for Walter White; Because People are Fucking Crazy

‘Breaking Bad’s’ Walter White Gets Obituary in Albuquerque Newspaper
Now let me first start out by saying that when Breaking Bad ended, I cried like a little baby girl into a pile of blue rock candy because I literally loved that fucking show.  It was my teacher, mother, secret lover. BUT I understood the thin line between television and reality thanks to a Blossom incident I had several years ago-I won't go into details, but let's just say that Mayim Bialik punches like an angry man.  ANYWHO...apparently there was not only this obituary, but a funeral procession, programs, and an actual grave site with an actual headstone for Walter White.  Fans were even allowed to throw dirt on the grave.  Now, this was also a charity event, and it raised $17,000 for Healthcare for the Homeless, so I guess that's good-but it also pissed off a lot of  people for good reason because their loved ones final resting places were being disturbed by a bunch of idiots mourning the loss of a fictional fucking character. 

So I guess the upshot it; you don't need to make a spectacle to raise money for a charity, especially when the character you're mourning showed you how profitable the meth industry is.  

Oh yeah and uh...don't do or sell meth-you will have a BAD TIME. 

No comments:

Post a Comment