Thursday, March 3, 2016

You're All Right, Amy Adams

 
All right, let's back up a bit.

So a while back, Jennifer Lawrence went on a whiny rant about the Hollywood gender pay gap (seriously...because twenty million dollars a movie just isn't enough apparently)... anywho it sparked a bunch of bullshit and that's where our girl Amy Adams came in and told it like it is, via UsWeekly:

“I didn’t speak about it before and I’m probably not going to speak about it forever because I disagreed with ... not Jennifer per se, but people who had opinions on how women should go about negotiating,” Adams explained. “The truth is we hire people to negotiate on our behalf, men and women ... I knew I was being paid less and I still agreed to do it because the option comes down to do it or don’t do it. So you just have to decide if it’s worth it for you. It doesn’t mean I liked it.”

Pretty well put, and proof that maybe we shouldn't let 25 year old brats who are fucking millionaires write essays on not getting paid enough.  Maybe leave it to the seasoned actors who actually know how the fucking industry works.  

No comments:

Post a Comment